Lake Como Real Estate
Click here to view listings in Lake Como.
Previously known as South Belmar, the borough of Lake Como, NJ is a small community of about 1700 permanent residents nestled against the small lake from which it derives its name. Located within a couple of miles of the popular Jersey Shore, Lake Como offers scenic lakeside beauty and a relaxed, small-town vibe just minutes from the Atlantic Ocean.
The lake itself provides one of Lake Como’s primary attractions, with scenic home fronts and a pathway for a morning jog or evening stroll. The Main Street area also offers a variety of shops and dining. To the immediate north and west of town lies Belmar , a popular Jersey Shore community with plenty of beach access and a boardwalk with plenty to see and do.
As one of the smallest communities in the Jersey Shore region, Lake Como has no public schools of its own. Students Pre-K through 8th grade attend nearby Belmar Elementary School, while grades 9-12 typically attend eitherManasquan High SchoolAsbury Park High School. Students may also apply to several other schools in the area, including Red Bank Regional High School, Academy Charter High School, or one of several magnet schools in Monmouth County Vocational School District, which include:
- Marine Academy of Science and Technology
- Biotechnology High School
- Communications High School
- High Technology High School
- Academy of Allied Health and Science
Parents of students in Lake Como may also opt to send their children to one of several private schools within proximity of Lake Como. These include:
- St. Rose Grammar School, Belmar (PK-8)
- St. Rose High School, Belmar (9-12)
- Chrismont Montessori Academy, Belmar (PK-3)
- The Brookside School, Wall Township (PK-8)
- St. Catharine School, Spring Lake (K-8)
- Market Trends in